UH Studio is a London-based architectural design & research studio, challenging how we think about buildings and the built environment, and architectural technology.
UH Studio stands for Unity + Harmony between technology, nature and people. The core of our practice is based on two questions:
- How do we make spaces that provide a sense of unity between man, nature and the environment?
- How do we actively design for harmony between habitants, communities, and technological advancements?
Our current projects
We are working on a series of projects that question the underlying assumptions within their respective typologies. Some of them are:
- Community work hubs on rethinking the relationship between work and home communities, and transport infrastructure.
- A childcare nursery that appeals to the senses of children through touch with a series of interconnected pavilions.
- A humaninising hopsital design promoting treatment and healing for patients, while providing sanctuary spaces for staff and visitors.
- A mixed-use development with bold identity instead of anonimity that can invigorate an existing neighborhood instead of straining it. Can new residents feel a sense of community, get to know their neighbors, and have an impact beyond owning or renting a flat in a large complex?
- How can a community centre serve as a modern anchor to a neighborhood, providing the spaces and the opportunities to allow it to flourish?
What about small spaces?
We love large projects and the challenging ideas that they bring to the discourse, yet we also love the immediate impact that some of the questions above can have on small and private projects. Our houses and apartments are our sanctuaries. They are the places where we have the opportunities to replensih our energy, thoughts, and mental processes. How can we create unity and harmony between co-habitants, and their environment? We work actively with private clients to transform apartments and houses into homes.